The GM Family of Groovers
- Heavy duty groover with a patented scrap removal
- Standard duty grooving machine.
- Rugged structural steel construction, built to withstand years of high-volume production
in the shop or at the job site.
- Machines are protected by high quality polyester powder coating for maximum chip-
and scratch-resistance through years of wear.
- Foot-actuated switch for safer, more dependable operation.
- Easy access to all working parts.
- Cutting blades are produced from highest quality spring steel, then heat-treated
to a Rockwell hardness factor which allows blades to resist the highly abrasive
nature of glass fibers, and significantly extends blade life.
- Continuous feed, one linear foot per second (0.3 m/s), operator-limited. Cycle time
is less than 10 seconds.
- Sets up easily for 1-, 2- and 4-piece duct construction methods. Easy-to-read decal
on the unit clearly illustrates proper tool setting for various fabrication methods.
- Built-in spacer tabs on all tools simplify set-up because only inside duct dimensions
are required to set tooling.
- Staple flap blades remove fiber glass scrap from facing, eliminating the need for
subsequent cleaning operations.
- Spiral wrapped "grit" cloth on drive rollers insures that board will not
slip while traveling through the machine.
- Casters allow easy movement in shop, conserving valuable shop space when machine
is not in use.
- Tooling for the Glass Master's "Preferred" method of grooving insures
cleaner staple flaps and allows for automated closure.
- Power requirements: 120vac, single phase, 50hz or 60hz. Less than 15 amps required
at maximum load. Other voltages available upon request.
- Tooling available for one-pass "gang" tooling.
- Tooling available for ten-sided duct ("round" duct) fabrication.
- Ductboard support arms, three per set (included with Auto-Groover, HG-320).
- Tools and blades for material thicknesses other than 1 " (25 mm).
- Customized tools and blades also available upon request